TV Blog Pics

Monday, March 7, 2011

Condiments for Troops! (a unique way to help our overseas soldiers)

I am forwarding this message from a good friend, and if you would like to help, send me a message and I'll give you the address to send your condiments to!

Hey Guys,

I’m asking for your help. I’m collecting condiment packs to send to Afghanistan and I will set a box in my office to collect these.

Please allow me to give you a little background for my odd request. About a month ago my step-son Bill, along with the rest of the 2nd Battalion 8th Marines was deployed to Afghanistan. Bill is embedded with 3 other marines with an Afghan police force of 36 in Marja Afghanistan in the Helmand Provence.

The boys have grown to hate the MRE’s (meals ready to eat), as they are downright terrible. It seems that our Marines are very resourceful, have constructed a makeshift grill and have taken to buying live chickens at the local market. As you can well imagine chicken day after day gets kind of old so they put whatever they can find on the chicken to change it up a little, hence the need for the condiment packs.

They have no refrigeration or running water so the small packets from fast food places work out well for them. If you could help out and think of our boys the next time you’re at Arby’s or McDonald’s and grab a few extra packs of BBQ sauce, etc. they’d be forever grateful. Honestly they will be happy with whatever, ketchup, mustard, soy, bbq, etc, etc. For you corporate guys just let me know if you get some together and I’ll find a way to get them here. If you could enlist the help of anyone else, that would be great too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, just trying to make a few Marines' day a little less dreary.

Thanks in advance, ooh-rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment